40 Fun Things To Do on Vacation in Avalon and Stone Harbor, NJ
(All within a 15 to 40 minute drive.)
- Walk our beautiful beach and work on your tan. Build a sand castle.
- Kayak through the back bay.
- Bicycling on our bike path. ( can rent bikes at Harbor Bike Shop)
- Bird Watching. Visit the Bird Sanctuary
- Stop at Springers Ice Cream for a cone or a Sundae!
- Visit Our Shops Downtown
- Swim in the Ocean
- Movie Theater
- Miniature golf
- Classes at New Stone Harbor Recreation Center
- Visit Avalon Public Library. Classes for computers, yoga etc.
- Family Night
- Lots of Fine Restaurants
- Cape May County Park and Zoo (Cape May Court House, Exit 11 off Garden State Parkway.) This is a fun day trip and it is Free!
- Whale watching boat tour in Cape May.
- Wetlands Institute on Stone Harbor Boulevard.
- Trolley Tour of Historic Cape May
- Boardwalk with amusement rides in Ocean City or Wildwood. Water parks too!
- Ride Cape May Lewes Ferry to shop All the Outlet stores in Delaware.
- Visit Smithville NJ, Lots of shops and restaurants.
- Visit Historic Cold Springs Village on Route 9 in Cold Springs. A step back in time.
- Take the kids to The Water Parks at Morey’s Pier
- Visit an Art Gallery
- Check out Harbor Square Mall on 96th street in Stone Harbor
- Visit a spa. Several in the area.
- Relax at Massage Works. (Ask for Steve or Jean)
- Visit Cape May County Historical Museum and Genealogical Society. You’ll find medical, military, toy, maritime tools and Native American displays.
- At Cape May Point, see the sunken ship remains of the concrete ship USS Atlantus.
- If you are up for climbing 199 steps, you must see the Cape May Lighthouse with a beautiful sweeping view of the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean.
- See vintage aircraft at the Naval Aviation Museum in an actual World War II hanger listed in the National Register of Historical places. 609-886-8787
- See a show, or visit slot machines and crap tables at Atlantic City Casinos.
- Take the little ones to Storybook Land on Black Horse Pike in Cardiff.
- Work out at one of the many gyms in the area.
Local Attractions/Things to Do